We have a variety of ways to help you host a great party, wedding, meeting, meal or other event at ENSO. Groups as small as 20 and as large as 120 can be accommodated. It’s a great chance to show off wines made in Portland in a romantic, casual environment. We have food and beer options and can tailor the party to your specific needs.
Below are some options for renting space at ENSO. Click the link at the bottom of the page to proceed with booking or to get more specific information for an event at ENSO.
Barrel Room (private event space in back)
Maximum 60 people standing / 40 people seated
Any Day - $200 / hour, including set-up and clean-up
Alcohol minimum is $250.
rent our entire space (tasting lounge + barrel room)
$1500 for access from 8am-2pm, including set-up and clean-up
$3000 for access from 2-10pm, including set-up and clean-up
Alcohol minimum is $1000.
Before / After hours may be available at a different rate to be determined upon request.
DRINK (Or how to handle the bar)
We serve delicious wine and beer here at ENSO. We make about a dozen different wines on site and they're all available for your special event. We also have a few rotating local draft beer options, Portland Sangria and our seasonal prosecco cocktail.
All rentals are subject to a reasonable alcohol minimum. The host is responsible for ensuring that the minimum is reached. If the minimum is not reached, the host is responsible to pay the difference. An 18% gratuity will be added to all drink and food purchases. The alcohol minimum can be reached in a few different ways...
- HOSTED BAR - This is often referred to as an “open” bar. A Hosted Bar is covered by a single payer and you can set the dollar limit (as long as you reach the minimum). We sell our wines by the glass and the average glass price is $10. Beer is $5. The average guest will consume one beverage per hour of your event.
- NO-HOST BAR - For this, your guests are on their own for drinks. At the end of the event, our bar staff will tally their tabs to ensure that the alcohol minimum was reached.
- WINE TASTING - If you would like to incorporate wine tasting into your event, we can pour tastings of 5 of our wines for your guests for $10/person plus 18% gratuity.
Outside alcohol cannot be brought into ENSO. We are forbidden by law to serve liquor of any sort. We have a handful of non-alcoholic beverages available. You are also allowed to bring in your own non-alcoholic beverages. If you choose to do so, you will need to provide a cooler with ice if you’d like to serve them cold.
Please note that we can no longer sell bottles for on-premise consumption at events.
ENSO can provide appetizer portions of locally-made salami, cheese and bread for $7/person. We present these on locally-made black walnut boards, and they are a beautiful addition to the wines we make.
You are also welcome to bring in food that you have prepared or you may hire a caterer. We do not have preferred caterers, but we can pass along references. Client or caterer is responsible for providing all dishware and flatware, including any serving pieces. Client or caterer is also responsible for bussing and cleaning all dishware and managing all trash related to their use.
We are a full-production winery and love to share our passion for winemaking with people. We can host a private tasting in our Barrel Room. For these events, rental fees and alcohol minimums are waived and you can linger for some time after the tasting as well. We require a minimum of 6 people to host these events. Here are our 3 options:
- PRIVATE TASTING AND TOUR WITH SNACKS ($25/person plus 18% gratuity) - One of our knowledgeable staff will pour 5 of our wines and offer some backstory on ENSO as well as a short tour of our facility. Light snacks include salami, cheese and bread, as well as olives and Marcona almonds.
- FOOD AND WINE PAIRING WITH THE WINEMAKER ($50/person plus 18% gratuity) - Similar to the above option, but hosted by winemaker, Ryan Sharp. With a more precise focus on the winemaking process and specific food and wine pairings, Ryan tells the story of ENSO and how wine and food work together.
- OFF-SITE WINE TASTING ($500 alcohol minimum plus 18% gratuity) - There are a variety of ways we can complement your event, whether it be pouring tastings or wine by the glass. Inquire for options.
Should you need more than we have on site, you can rent tables, chairs, linens, flatware, dishware, etc. from a company like The Party Place in Portland. If you are having the items delivered, please ensure that the vendor will deliver the items just prior to the event. Client is still responsible for set-up unless you pre-arrange for the rental company to handle set-up. All rentals must be scheduled for pick up at the end of the event.
Payment + FINE PRINT
Full rental fee required to hold date. That deposit is non-refundable but is transferrable.
Payment for alcohol and food due at end of event with 18% gratuity added to all alcohol and food purchases.
The rented space needs to be left as it was found. If cleaning is required, a $100 cleaning fee will be billed to the host.
According to Oregon law, minors only allowed at ENSO until 6pm. And according to Buckman neighborhood ordinance, we must stop serving alcohol at 11pm.
The size of our Barrel Room is roughly 49 feet by 27 feet. The size of our Tasting Lounge is roughly 49 feet by 16 and 30 feet, depending on the space.
Both are roughly 1300 square feet. The bathroom is located near the bar.
The sink and prep area are located in the front part of the Barrel Room.
According to our OLCC liquor license, minors are allowed until 6pm and we are only allowed to serve wine and beer. If you are doing a full buyout and would like to include minors after 6pm, we are required to apply for a Temporary Serving License (TSL). We cannot accommodate minors after 6pm otherwise. We cannot apply for a TSL for Barrel Room-only events, only full buyouts.